Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an experienced Catering Assistant for a large public sector organisation within the Hull area. The successful candidate must have a vocational qualification for a similar role and have catering experience.
Main Duties include:
• Supervise and support staff in all activities within the kitchen; including food preparation and delivery
• Create menus, incorporating any special requirements and provide meal descriptions
• Check receipt of deliveries, stores and stock control
• Visit residential areas to check on hygiene standards and food servery activity; offer guidance, carry out checks and support staff
• Provide Food Safety, Health and Hygiene training
• Reports equipment breakdown and records maintenance requirements
• Assist the Catering Manager to produce meals for different events
• Undertake all the duties of a Caterer as required
• Supervise all staff within their area of responsibility, ensuring they are briefed on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard
• Prioritise activities in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Catering manager when required
• Contribute to the development of local practice, process and initiatives, ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures
• Carry out interviews and inductions within the area of work, ensuring that staff are appropriately inducted and deployed, completes basic documentation
• Contribute to staff appraisals providing relevant performance information to Line Managers
• Manage the tool inventory and maintains security standards within the work area
• Issuing behavior warnings, governor reports and minor reports
• Update files on the databases and confirm attendance to work and authorise the pay
• Complete paperwork for accident reports
• Support the achievement of Service Delivery Indicators (SDI) and standards, checking compliance with specific policy standards and suggesting improvements
• Undertake compliance checks, contribute to risk assessments and respond to hazards as and when appropriate
• Maintain sufficient levels of stock and when required procure goods and services using procurement system ensuring value for money and compliance with procurement/finance rules
The ideal candidate must have:
• Level 2 certificate in Food Production within Hospitality and Catering or equivalent or attained higher qualifications or be working towards them as noted.
• Food hygiene Level 3 qualification
• Be familiar with all current health, safety and hygiene regulations
• Refresher training in Food safety (HACCP) should be completed every 3 years
Type: Temporary ongoing
Pay rate: £9.20ph- £10.80 ph
Hours: 37 hours per week, unsocial hours included
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.