Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an GENERAL OPERATOR to work in TADCASTER, on a TEMP/ONGOING basis.
SHORT INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPANY
E.G. Our client is a leading potato supplier who have being established for more than 85 years . They produce a range of pre-packed options including washed and unwashed into retail and wholesale outlets.
Hours of Work:
Mon-Fri DAYS : 6am (or 7 or 8) -5pm
Predicted length of term: TEMP/ ONGOING
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
To assist in the running of packing line to achieve daily production plans, to carry out general packing, palletising and material handling duties. Inspection of product and finished/packed products. Machine and area cleaning. To support the team and other dept’s to achieve company objectives.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE – to support the factory for achievement of the production plan “ON TIME IN FULL”
2. PLANT PERFORMANCE – to carry out all activities safely and at better than standard performance in terms of outputs, efficiency, quality rework and waste. Ensuring that the process has a constant supply of product.
3. QUALITY – Responsible for quality checks on all finished goods checking first / last pack in every case. Responsible for quality checks on all WIP leaving the area including weighing / pre-preparation. Uphold and promote the quality standards, including control of foreign bodies. Maintaining the “clean as you go” policy.
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT –To participate in the exchange of information necessary to ensure continuity of production and effective handovers.
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT – To co-operate and participate with all relevant parties to ensure that training activities are effective.
6. HEALTH AND SAFETY – To contribute towards maintaining high health and safety standards in the area of responsibility and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. To co-operate with the completion of audit schedules.
7. INNOVATION / IMPROVEMENT – To proactively seek new & improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process. To cooperate in any NPD / Trials on the lines.
8. PROBLEM SOLVING – to participate in problem solving & trouble shooting activities in an attempt to identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
9. TEAM-WORKING - To work collaboratively with other teams / functions in undertaking these responsibilities.
• Working towards agreed targets
• Problem solving ability to resolve issues
• Improvement methodologies
• Effective communication
• Flexible and adaptable approach
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of factory operations
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification
Working to health and safety, environmental and other standards as they apply to the Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd is an award winning, independent recruitment agency, currently celebrating 25 years of recruiting excellence, and with offices throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia. Please see www.prestige-recruitment.com for more information.
Please note that Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of candidates compiled to provide to our client. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.