Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to work within a public sector organisation. The ideal candidate will haveknowledge of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act and have proven experience of working within a confidential environment.
The duties of the role include:
- Co-ordinating the administrative functions relating to the disclosure of documents, statements and other information.
- Dealing with requests from Local Authorities and other interested parties regarding the disclosure of information.
- Ensuring an awareness and understanding of all relevant case law, all relevant statutory provisions and any other material relevant to this area of responsibility.
- Advising other operational officers in relation to the necessity and lawfulness of disclosure requests received, and where appropriate, advises then on grounds for resisting disclosure.
- Identifying documentation to be disclosed and dispatching them subject to obtaining appropriate undertakings.
- Identifying cases in which there is objection to disclosure and arranging for a Solicitor to be briefed to make representations.
- Referring to Court files to verify and check the relevance of information prior to assessing each case and granting approval for the disclosure of information.
- Managing the process in relations to requests for information from victims of nuisance and anti-social behaviour, liaising as necessary with tenants, members of the public and victims, and sanctioning disclosure as appropriate.
- Undertaking research and produces reports and management information in relation to new areas of disclosure as required.
- Providing advice in relation to any statements given for use in civil proceedings and to advise on attendance at Court.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Level education or equivalent.
- Be aware of the application and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the implications regarding disclosure.
- Proven experience of releasing information in accordance with respective legislation and experience of working in a confidential environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
Job Type: Temporary (6 months)
Hours of Work: Full Time
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.